TRP® Foundational Principles
- Each of us can learn to stay positive, productive and effective, no matter what the circumstances.
- We may be unable to control our circumstances, but we can control how we handle them.
- Each of us is—or can learn to be—in charge of our moods, attitudes, emotions and behaviors, without blaming others for them.
- Everything that happens to us is an Opportunity For Learning And Growth—an “O-FLAG.”
- We can learn to deal with the “victim mentality” in ourselves and others. This recenters the “locus of control” within ourselves, and reaps profound benefits in our personal and professional lives.
- Serving others and the greater good is a key to success and fulfillment—and to uncovering greater meaning and purpose in life.
- We help others to mature and become more responsible—to grow—by not rescuing or enabling any of their victim thoughts, attitudes or behaviors.
- We get back from life whatever we put into it: good or ill. What goes around comes around.
- “Character” and “Values” are the basis for any successful life and corporate endeavor. Character can be consciously developed (and our values made preeminent).